Queens

Queens

Monday, May 2, 2016

Lima

I didn't have very long in Lima since I had decided to stay extra in Arequipa. So I didn't get a chance to do much, but I had a good couple of days exploring the Miraflores neighborhood. After getting some food, the first thing I did was walk to the ocean. It doesn't matter what country I'm in, I'm drawn to the ocean and try to get to it as soon as I can. Peru was no exception. I headed to Parque del Amor to check out the view and artwork scattered throughout. 

The Kiss.

People we all out enjoying the nice weather and the beautiful sunset. Sitting near the ocean is always great. Even before reaching the ocean, I get excited smelling and hearing it. The cliffs along the coast offered some spectacular views as the sun went down. I did want to go swimming, but it was a little too much effort to get down the cliffs for the moment. I was just as content walking along. 

Parque del Amor.

The following morning I got an 8-mile run in along the coast. I needed to get my butt in gear for the Broad Street Run I was running a few weeks later. The run was nice and not too hot due to the overcast skies. But still the longest I had run in a while, so not the easiest 8 miles I've done. The views totally helped though. 

Running along the coast.

After my run, I wandered around Lima for a bit. I didn't see too  much. The city was quite large, and I had looked up things to do, but didn't really feel like cramming touristy things in. So I just walked around Miraflores. It's refreshing to walk around a city. You aren't as targeted as a tourist, and you can just blend in with everyone else. I may be from the country, but I lived in the city for years, so I definitely enjoyed getting lost for a bit.

City artwork.

After the run and walking around, I needed a rest break. So I headed to a cute little spot to enjoy a couple of pisco sours for a bit. And then of course headed back to the beach to watch the sunset.

Another beach sunset.

Before heading to the airport, and then onto Ecuador, I had to get one last Peruvian dinner of ceviche, potatoes, and of course a pisco sour. It was a nice ending to a fantastic couple of weeks in Peru. 

Ceviche.

Off to explore Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment