Queens

Queens

Sunday, September 11, 2011

CP with my Nikon

I’ve always loved photography. Probably since I was a kid, but more so when I was in high school and after. I took a photography class in high school and totally wanted a dark room someday (still kind of do). In college, I took a few art classes, including photography (technical and history). I’ve been meaning to get a really nice camera for years and finally made the investment earlier this year when I bought a Nikon D3100.

I had planned to take a summer course, but alas too much traveling for work got in my way. So I found a one-time class in Central Park with Judith FarberSundays in NY. There were 7 of us in the group and we spent 2 hours learning about composition at Bethesda Fountain. We were instructed to be simplistic, find an interesting background, pay attention to corners, and a few other things... I wasn't exactly taking notes. We framed a few shots and took photos at various points nearby. Now I don't think these shots are my best that I've taken. But you can see some examples of what kind of shots we were framing and what I took away from the class.

Judith does a lot of street photography which I would be interested to do more of. I haven’t been able to capture people in those moments, but would like to try.  If I have the time, I would like to take one of her other classes in different neighborhoods around NYC, but I really just need get out there and experiment more with my camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment