Queens

Queens

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

LA Times

#13.

I love games that test your mind, especially trivia games. My favorite game show is Jeopardy. It's a good day if I'm able to get home to put on ABC at 7pm. I enjoy listing out all the states and trying come up with their capitals. sporcle.com is kind of awesome. Yeah, I’m a big nerd.

So of course I had to put on my list to complete a crossword puzzle. Without cheating. But I do have to admit, I had a little help since I ended up completing an online puzzle. A friend recommended using the LA Times crossword puzzle to complete #13 on my list.

I’ve been meaning to take some time to do this for months now. But I just couldn’t find the time amongst reading all those classics! Yesterday, my friend Amanda emailed me the link and I figured I’d take a break from my 10 hour day and test my knowledge.

I didn’t know it all, but through the process of filling out the clues that I did know, I eventually completed it! I mean, it definitely helped that the letters would turn red if they were incorrect. I would type something in and one letter would be right. Well I’ll take it. Some people may not consider this a real completion since it wasn't the actual crossword in the NY Times, but I’m going to. Baby steps. I did not google anything.

Next brain taskcomplete a Rubix cube.

P.S. The missing letter is 'I' and I had to fill it out again in order to get a screen grab of the almost complete puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment