Queens

Queens

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Speed Dating

#8.

Dating! Argh. I tried. I did. I was very busy with work this year. Traveling a lot and so forth. I swear.

Now I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to squeeze in 11 dates from now to my 30th. So I signed up for speed dating. I’ve never done it. I convinced my sister to tag along. And I figured it’d be a good story.

I went in with low expectations. We had a glass of wine before we started our ‘dates’. 14 in total.  We spent 8 minutes apiece chatting. A lot of ‘What do you do for a living?’ and ‘What do you do for fun?’. For some reason, there were a lot of international guys and I’m almost positive a couple of gay ones.

I didn’t meet my future husband. Not sure if I’ll even put in my ‘picks’. Maybe I’ll do this again. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try that just for shits and giggles!!! And I can't even tell you the last time I went on a date and I am not nearly as busy as you!

    ReplyDelete