Queens

Queens

Sunday, September 9, 2012

delaware

Dewey Beach
I’m halfway through the United States of America! My plan is to get to all 50 before I turn 50. It would be cool if #50 was Hawaii, but I don’t think I can wait that long.

So Delaware was #25. I spent Labor Day Weekend in a new state. Like with RI, I've also driven through Delaware a few times, but never lingered. A group of us drove down to Dewey Beach and pretty much spent our time at the beach, playing games, and consuming food and drink. A pretty good weekend if you ask me. I of course had to get my long run in, so did that first thing Friday morning. I didn't want to get lost, so I made my way down the Coastal HIghway for 10.5 miles and turned around. Let's say I was tired and ready for a beverage and a dip in the ocean when I finished.

Delaware is the First State and home of tax-free shopping. I didn't do much shopping, even with the outlets so close, but did have a few 'firsts'. First Grotto Pizza, first Capital Ice, and first Dogfish Head beer.

 
Besides the beach, Delaware has a ton of microbreweries and wineries. So of course, we went to Dogfish Head Brewings and Eats fo dinner one night. Instead of choosing 1 beer to go with my dinner, I decided to go with a 5 4-ounce selection of beers. They were all pretty good, with Midas Touch and Raison D'Etre as my favs.

Doghead Fish Sampler
 

My first trip to Delaware was a success. I officially checked off 4 states so far this year. I don't have any other trips planned, so that may be it for 2012. Twenty-five more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment