Queens

Queens

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

notes

#12 on my list is to send out 12 handwritten notes this year. Who loves getting mail? I do. Usually my mail is full of credit card applications, but I love seeing a colored envelope (usually a Christmas or birthday card) and seeing what’s inside. I love it even more when there’s a note inside. I remember when I was a kid and had a pen pal from France. Getting those letters were sooo much fun. Although I was not so great at responding.

It’s 2012 and we live in a technology-filled world. We all 'write letters' via gmail, facebook, twitter, and our blogs—at least those are my main lines of communication. Over the last couple of years I’ve heard about people, including friends, making more of an effort to send out handwritten notes. This year I wanted to take that extra step to send cards to my friends and family throughout this year. My goal is to send one a month over the course of 2012.

I’m not going to tell you who I’m sending them to (it’s a surprise!), but I will let you know how my progress goes. My first note is now in the Chelsea post office waiting to be sent out!

No comments:

Post a Comment