Queens

Queens

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Big Blue


#2.
I’m a huge sports fan. Always have been. Been watching all types of ball games practically my whole life. I also played basketball and field hockey. And I run. A lot. Sports and athletics are pretty much a daily aspect of my life.

Been to ‘Cuse basketball and football games. Have made the trip on the 4 train to the House that Ruth Built so many times I can’t keep it straight. I try to visit a new baseball stadium every city I visit. I’ve watched the Knicks and Rangers both play at MSG. I’ve even made it to the US Open a few years ago. The only type of game I hadn’t seen in person was an NFL game. I’ve been wanting to go for years, but just didn’t get to it. Usually because it’s too expensive.

This year I was determined to get to a game. Earlier in the year I was banking on getting to the Superbowl, but alas that did not happen. Not sure why. I mean, I obviously have thousands of dollars to use on tickets, so why not. Ha.  

Luckily I waited and saved my money. Another NFL season is now upon us and I can now support the Giants in all their glory in person. I recruited my sisters (one who I believe is still an Eagles fan) and a couple of friends, Elida and Silv. We made our way to Jersey to the MetLife Stadium to watch week 2 against the Rams. It was a work day and late game, but we were able to tailgate for a little bit. We made it inside the stadium right for the kickoff.  It was a pretty fun night, going from the 300s to the 100s. There was even a celebrity spotting. Well I didn’t recognize him. Apparently he’s a husband of a housewife. But more importantly, the Giants ended up winning, 28-16, and are now 1-1.

I see how people get caught up in getting season tickets. Football season tickets are more manageable than baseball season tickets (time respect, not money). Tailgating is fun. I know I’d make some friends for sure.

Myy last thought is that field hockey players still totally run more than football players. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment