Queens

Queens

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

trivia

Last night I checked off trivia night! I've been wanting to go for ages and just never got around to it. I love trivia. If I can get home from work in time to watch Jeopardyit's a good day. Obviously I missed Jeopardy last night, but instead met up with a couple of friends and my sisters at Professor Thom's (yeah, yeah it's a Red Sox barboo) to participate in 5 rounds of trivia. Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was actually quite organized. Each round was a bit different with question/answer, true/false, and multiple choice with a wide range of topics. In total, around 25 teams competed. We didn't place in the top 3, but there were a lot of teams behind us.  We could have done better, but the last round was tough and we guessed most of them. For the most part, we were able to pool our knowledge ranging from politics to sports. In this link, you'll see the questions and answers they gave us. How do you fair? No smartphones!

Oh and we got to come up with a team name to see if we can win something with our creativity. Well apparently we weren't that creative, but at least there was a theme amongst everyone playing. From now on, we'll be known as Honey Boo Boo Child & The Replacement Refs.

My only complaint was the length of time it took. Since it was a Tuesday, I wasn't looking to stay out too long since I started coming down with a cold and I'm not as young as I used to be. I just can't stay out that late. I'm now going to make my way around Manhattan doing trivia. Let me know if you have any good places!  
 
Honey Boo Boo Child & The Replacement Refs
Oh and if anyone is insterested in testing their trivia knowledge, go to sporcle.com. It's loads of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment