Queens

Queens

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Haiku

#21

Ok. I’ve written a haiku. Back in elementary school. I’m sure I could go dig up somewhere in my dad’s attic. But I won’t. I figured it’d be fun to do it again. And it wouldn’t take up too much time or money. So that was a plus.

So a refresher for all of you—I needed one. A Haiku is a type of Japanese poetry that is centered around nature. Well my Haiku is not centered about nature, but around my 30 list. Of course with 5-7-5 syllable lines.

But first I want to share a Haiku that Brandon, an old college friend, wrote for my 30 list:

Goals to accomplish
Journeys of great adventure
Farewell fond decade

A good job if I don’t say so myself. And now here’s mine… well 2 of them. I didn’t know which one to pick.

One week left until
My 29th year is done
Let’s make it awesome

From blogs and balloons
To a puzzle, pie, and books
Bring it on thirty

Well that was easy. And kind of fun. But i'll stick to other things that I'm much better at.

No comments:

Post a Comment