Queens

Queens

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Frames

#26

Most of you know that there is an inner photographer fighting to get out with the number of pictures I take. There are literally thousands on my computer since I bought a digital camera. I have actual photos printed from the first 22 years of my life. Back in the day of film cameras. It was pretty easy to get my film developed and then frame a few selected good photos. And because of this, all the pictures in my apartment are from when I was younger and from college—nothing from my post-college life in NYC. I’ve made some great friends and have had some great memories. I’ve been meaning to capture them for a few years now. Well many years later, I decided to get my butt in gear and add it to my 30 list.

So I went through my photos from the last 6 years and found some good ones to frame. There are so many to choose from and I found a ton of frame-worthy pics. Some will have to wait until the next round.

Starting with family pics, I had to frame a picture of all my siblings at Yankee Stadium back in 2007. This was the first time we all watched a Yanks game together in person. And it was in the old stadium before they tore it down. We are missing the little ones, but I don’t think my dad would have let them on a Greyhound bus to NYC when they were 7 and 5 years old…


I then had to frame the twins and me after the finish of the NYC marathon last year. We wore our medals proudly!


Of course there have been many memories with my friends over the years. First one up was of Jen, one of my really good friends from college, when she got married in 2008 in Pittsburgh. I had to get a photo with the pretty bride. I of course put it in the frame she sent to me after the wedding.


Next up was a montage of some other friends in NYC. Dinner with Donna and Pam a few years ago, Sue and I during the Ragnar Relay last May, the guys (Mike, Tynan, and Brian) during our birthday wine tour last fall, and lastly Sandra and I at our work party at Chelsea Piers earlier this year.





Lastly, I went through my NYC pictures and created some B&W images to frame in a series. I chose the old Yankee Stadium, Sheep's Meadow, Wollman Rink, and the NYC skyline. This is how it looks up on my wall.


Time to make more memories to frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment