Queens

Queens

Sunday, January 22, 2012

girls are faster than boys

Ok. That may not be necessarily true. Boys have always beaten girls in running events. I mean, Usain Bolt is the fastest person in the world. However, there are a lot of girls out there who have beaten a lot of boys. And this particular girl is faster than some of those boys. I’m no Shalane or Kara, and I personally know a lot of people who are way faster than me, but I can hold my own. My 400m record from my junior year of high school still holds (at least I think it does). My first and only timed mile was done in 6:20 and that was in the middle of an 18-miler. I can run a 7:16 5k. And last fall I ran a 3:39 marathon. So yeah, I’m no slouch.

So to the douchebags that I constantly pass in Central Park, grow a pair. Seriously. I know when I’m passed by someone faster. It’s clear right away and it’s cool. They speed off into the sunset and I salute them. For those who I pass, and then realize that a girl is running by them, so they speed up—grow up. It’s 2012. Get over your egotistical mentality that guys are faster than girls.

And guess what? This infuriates me and what does that make me do? Run even faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment