Queens

Queens

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Count of Monte Cristo

#11.

I finally finished The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. 100% done! It only took me 2 months to read it. Which is eternity for me when it comes to reading a book.

Originally my friend Jess recommended to add this to my 30 Before 30 list. It's a pretty long book, so I figured why not. It would be a good line item. However, I then realized that this line item needed to be some sort of challenge. I mean only one book?! Even if it's 1000 pages (or so, since I read it on my Kindle). So I added 9 more to make it 10 classics in total for #11.

I really liked this book. It’s an adventure book about revenge. Edmond Dantes seeks revenge on those who are to blame for him being jailed for 14 years. The 3 men had different reasons for doing this. None of them noble. Years later, those men pay for what they did and Edmond is finally able to forgive and move on.

I encourage everyone to read if they haven’t. Next year, I think I'll read The Three Musketeers.

Only two more classics to go! To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is up next. Finally reading a classic by a female.

8.        The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexendre Dumas
9.        To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
10.    The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

No comments:

Post a Comment