Queens

Queens

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

30 Days Before 30

30 days before I turn 30. Yikes. I can’t believe it’s almost here. This year has flown by. And before I know it, I’m going to be that much closer to 40. Double yikes. Ok, enough of that. No more talking about 40.

So 30 is not what it used to be. My parents were married, had 4 kids, and had started to create a home for their growing family by the time they were both 30. I am not married. Not even close. Especially since #8 isn’t going so great. And there are no kids in the near future. Again, I refer to #8. But I’m totally ok with that. My kid sisters can entertain me for now. And I’m pretty sure I’ll be renting for years to come. But that’s the life of a current 30 year old.

The last year of my 20s hasn’t gone exactly to plan, but I have been able to check off a lot of fun things with some really great people. Over the next 30 days, I will have hopefully checked off all 30 things with continued support from everyone.  

I still need to read 2 more classics (done and done), pay off my credit card bills (no problem), improve my race pace (hopefully, but I am running out of race options), go to a new continent (need to book flights), sky dive (in the works), create my family tree (gotta get on that), and write a haiku (already started a draft). Oh and #8—11 dates. Ugh. Maybe I’ll find a speed dating thing. Or something…

So let’s do this. 30 days to go.

P.S. Today I will start my campaign to check off #31. If I’m successful, #8 is a wash.

2 comments:

  1. Guessing you want a more fun family tree than for health reasons, but from a health care standpoint they are very helpful! Here's a website: http://www.northshore.org/genetics/mygenerations/

    I'm a super nerd obviously

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote speed dating! That sounds like a good story.

    Also, where are you planning to sky dive?

    ReplyDelete