Queens

Queens

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Not looking for a husband

#8

It is February 1st and I unfortunately did not have a date for the month of January. NYC dating—fail. Apparently none of my friends know any date-worthy guys. I guess I need to find new friends.

Just so we are clear here I'm not looking for a husband. At least not in the near future. I want it to happen some day, but I am in no rush. Unless #31 proposes. A girl CAN make exceptions. ;)

When my parents were my age, they were married (to each other) and had 3 kids (and pregnant with Zach, the 4th). I love my parents and they did a fantastic job of raising us (except for a few quirks here and there), but I am not ready to do what they did…. yet.

Even though I’m in no rush to settle down, I figured I’d better give this dating thing a go. As with everything else in life, you gotta practice, so I’ll practice dating. And since I’ve only gone on a handful of dates I better get moving.

On a better note, I do have a bunch of things planned in the upcoming weeks to start checking off my list. This weekend, I hope to snowboard, make an attempt to improve my race pace, and jump into the Atlantic. The following weekend I will be shooting a gun in Manhattan (legally) with a bunch of girl friends. And #30 is booked for President’s Day weekend.

Now to go find a February date….

1 comment:

  1. This is a great goal! I'm bad at dating too. Mainly because i don't get asked out, although i could try a little harder to put myself out there. Lol. Kudos to you for making it a priority! Sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete