Queens

Queens

Friday, February 11, 2011

Four Very Cute Firemen

This blog post has nothing to do with my 30 Before 30 list, but I have been getting a lot of encouragement to add this to my list today, and then to check it off immediately. Plus you can all read about my shocking night and I won’t have to explain it a million times.

After 2 days of hanging out in Radnor, PA for a client meeting, I drove back to my office in NYC. I dropped off the car, sent out a few emails, and shut down my computer. A few coworkers and I decide to head to a local watering hole for a little bit, and then move on to another bar in Union Square. We decide to hoof it and made our way to 14th Street and University Place. Well the little white man in the yellow box says we can cross the street, so of course we begin to cross over heading towards the Bank of America on the corner. My friend Leia is in front of me and my friends Geetika, Tiffany, and Helen are behind me.

To give you a good mental picture of the actual scene, I’m wearing boots with heels, a skirt, and of course my winter jacket. To complete the ensemble, I’m carrying my purse (and as you all know, us girls like to carry our life in our purses) and my overnight, bright yellow, Lululemon bag. This obviously isn’t the ideal outfit for what happens next.

I’m halfway across the street and notice this large, black SUV turning towards me. As any other New Yorker, I’m expecting him to stop at the crosswalk. I look at the car and see that it’s getting closer. Ok no biggie, he’ll stop soon. But no he didn’t.

I realized he wasn’t stopping and started to turn to get out of the way, but I couldn’t get out of its deathly path in time. The guy (who shall remain nameless) doesn’t see me and hits me on my right side and I go flying. Luckily he stopped (as if any of this story is lucky) and didn’t run me over. All of a sudden, I’m lying in the middle of
14th Street
with my friends huddled around me, my bags discarded, and a crowd of New Yorkers beginning to form.

People take immediate action, telling me not to move, calling 911, and taking photos of the guy’s license plate. The guy gets out of his car saying he didn’t see me, so apparently he is either blind or was on the phone. Both illegal.

We hear sirens as my friends are comforting me on the curb and we think that the ambulance is approaching. Instead, a fire truck turns the corner. We assume there must be a fire somewhere, but nope. They were there for me! And lucky me, 4 very cute FDNY firemen get out of the truck to see if I was alright. I tried to flirt a bit, but I was suffering from shock, so was not at my peak flirting potential. In hindsight, I definitely wished I had mentioned #8 on my list so I could get a date. But alas, no date with the hot firemen…

NYPD gets there, the ambulance arrives, and there are now a lot more people hanging out and now blocking off the street. Talk about a quick response! Good thing this wasn’t during the Holiday Blizzard! We were invited to get out of the cold and hang out in the ambulance for a few minutes where we had a mini photoshoot. After the paperwork was filled out, we were on our way. I definitely needed a drink after that!

Unfortunately I’m not a superhero and am feeling a bit sorer today. My new goal #32 of getting hit by a car has officially made it to the list!

2 comments:

  1. Ha!! Wow, that is hilarious. I mean that in a good way. That sounds like something out of a movie! Only in the movie the cute fireman would get your number and fall madly in love with you. You never know, maybe he still will! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award! Find out more on my blog: The Art of Being You

    ReplyDelete