Queens

Queens

Sunday, September 8, 2013

summer

Summer is over. Not officially, but since it's after Labor Day, it does feel like it. Not sure where it went. It flew by so fast and clearly I was too busy to even blog (my last one was about the trip I took last spring, where I returned on Memorial Day). So what did I do this summer? 

I went to Yankees games (and Mets, SU football, and the US Open). I golfed, bowled, and played kickball. I went to the Jazz Age Festival, showers and a wedding. I celebrated birthdays and hung out with friends. I went upstate a lot to see family and hung out in Nantucket to see even more family. I went to a few concerts. And I worked. But you know, I don't want to chat about that so much. 

JT and Jay-Z concert. 

UR reunion with the girls. 

Nantucket.

Family.

And of course I ran. I ran a lot. The Wineglass Marathon is in exactly 4 weeks. Actually I'll be long done with the race and hopefully celebrating a sub-3:35. My training has gone well and yesterday I ran my 2nd 20-miler. And it felt good. As much as a 20-miler can feel. I've got a lot of speed workouts in with the team, but need to get a few more tempo runs in the next couple of weeks before I start tapering. Like the last 4 marathons, I want to qualify to run the Boston Marathon. Even more this year due to the bombing back in April. That is the reason why I signed up to run a marathon this year. Unfortunately, registration for Boston opens tomorrow and will most likely be completely sold out before I even race. So I've started to accept the fact that I may not be running it next year. I will be cheering pretty damn loud though. When I qualify next month, hopefully I have a good chance to run in 2015. 

Catharine Valley Half Marathon.

Thats summer in a nutshell. This fall should bring on some more blogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment