Queens

Queens

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

south carolina

A week ago I got back from visiting my 26th stateSouth Carolina. Work was a little crazy in March and I hadn't left NYC in over 3 months, so was itching for a long weekend away. I was deliberating on where to go when a friend at work suggested the Charleston area. I figured it wouldn't be quite beach weather, but would be hopefully warmer than NYC. I just wanted a few days on my own, near the water, with drinks and a masseuse very accessible. I landed on Wild Dunes, about 20 minutes outside Charleston. 


southern sunset.

It was a very relaxing weekend. I pretty much hung outside as much as possible, whether I was reading and having a drink by the pool, or taking photos on my beach walks. I finished The Great Gatsby, did my long run (and some shorter ones), ate some good seafood, and got a little sun. It was quite nice (and I'm wishing I was back there as I write this). 


beach time.

On my last day, I spent the day walking around the lovely Charleston. I ate at Hyman's, walked through Charleston Place, and got some nice views of Battery Park and Rainbow Row. It was a nice quick trip away. Although when I checked my blackberry after I got home, I kind of wish it was a longer trip. I'd like to return and explore more of South Carolina, or even try to get to one of its neighbors North Carolina or Georgia soon. 

rainbow row.

1 comment: