Queens

Queens

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

new state update

I haven’t done too much on my list yet and we are about 2 months into 2012. But no worries. I’m a bit more relaxed about this year’s list since there are only 12 things I’m going to do as opposed to 30! And some of these will have to wait for warmer weather. However, I do have #1 planned out.

I’m a big geography nerd. Especially when it comes to the US of A. You know that game that Chandler plays with the group on Friends where they have to come up with all 50 states? I love that game and occasionally play by myself. I also like to guess the capitals. When it comes to the world I like to try to get as many countries as I can, but there are just too many and there is like a new country every day. Whenever there is a map laying around, I have this urge to study it. I'm a nerd.

A life goal of mine is to visit all 50 states. I made it more interesting by setting a goal to visit all 50 before I turn 50. Good thing I have 20 years to go. So far I’ve visited 21 states in 30 years. Only 29 to visit in the next 2 decades. I think I can do it. And 3 of them will be checked off this year.  

It looks like I have my 3 new states planned! Next month I’ll be hitting up Texas in a big way. In April, Kentucky will get celebrated Derby-style. And in August, what better way to get to know this small state, than to run 13.1 miles around it. I’m hoping to add a couple of more states, but for now this is a good start!

Stay tuned for how these (and other trips) turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment